Bringing Digital Content to Students Where They “Live”
Students today are digital natives and undisputed power users of Google. Most are never far from their mobile devices, and they use them to look up everything from food ingredients to music lyrics. But they also use them for completing school assignments. The key to connecting them to trustworthy, relevant content is ensuring that it appears in their workflow. Google is a comfortable, highly used pathway in most students’ study routine.
According to Business Insider, more than 40 million students, teachers and administrators use Google Apps for Education, and that number is growing.
As a certified Google for Education partner, Gale uses the most current and popular Google tools within our digital content to support students as they develop key study and organisational skills. By integrating Google Apps for Education, which encompasses Gmail, Classroom, Drive, Docs and more, Gale helps educators improve student engagement, encourage collaboration and foster critical thinking. Gale digital content integrates with Google in five exciting ways for select content sets:
1. Single sign-on – Students can sign into Gale resources using their Google Account credentials without having to remember a separate password. Any user with a Google Account can use sign-in to save session information, and any e-mail address can be used to create a Google Account.
3. Easy download of Gale apps through Chrome
2. Integration with Google Apps for Education
– Once users are signed in to their Google Account, they can save, share and/or download content (including bookmarks and their personal highlights and notes) using popular and well-known tools such as Gmail, Drive and Docs.
– Students and educators can access digital content provided by their library by using free Gale apps that they download from the Chrome Web Store. This allows them to have easy remote access to library resources through their mobile devices.
5. Seamless classroom integration
– Teachers can create and send assignments and activities quickly and easily using the new Google Classroom share button. Gale is the first company of its kind to offer this game-changing technology.