Revisiting Guided Reading is a full-day practical workshop focussing on the important strategy of guided reading. We will look at accurately matching students to texts and analysis of a record for reading. The session will also examine how to carry out guided reading instruction using levelled texts, and how to organise the classroom for guided reading sessions.
The day will cover:
- the Balanced Reader model
- the Gradual Release of Responsibility model
- how to take an accurate record of reading
- how to identify what needs to be taught in a guided reading group
- the importance of accurately levelled texts and how they support readers
- linking reading and writing
- organising the classroom for guided reading instruction.