1. Why rights?
2. Rights in theory
3. Rights in practice
4. Rejecting rights
2. Women and society
1. Body and society
2. Liberal or equality feminism
3. Reconstruction feminism
4. Naturalist and radical feminism
5. Christian responses to feminism
3. Sexual ethics
2. Marriage and divorce
4. Contraception and the purpose of sex
5. Homosexual and non-heterosexual relationships
6. Normative ethical responses to sex
4. Race and racism
1. What is race?
2. What is racism?
3. The causes of racism
4. Law and race
6. Normative ethical responses to race and racism
5. Business ethics
1. Do we need business ethics?
3. Profit and people
4. Business espionage
6. Normative ethical responses to business ethics
6. Technology and society
1. Inventions and new technology
2. The Internet and society
3. Surveillance society
4. Normative ethical responses technology and society
7. Environmental ethics
1. Environmental issues
2. Valuing the environment
4. Environmental scepticism
5. Earth summits and protocols
6. Normative ethical responses to environmental ethics
Redesigned to allow greater accessibility to a wide range of post-16 students.
New features such as definitions, summaries and exam tips to aid students' understanding, revision and essay writing techniques.
Updated to ensure relevant coverage of the revised 2008 A level specifications.
In-depth coverage of specific issues to help students access higher grades.