2016 ISBN 9780170357951Edition
AU / NZ
Published: 2016 by
Cengage Learning Australia
Available for purchase on CengageBrain.com
Available formats and resources for instructors
Advanced Building and Joinery Skills (Print)
Advanced Building and Joinery Skills, 2e provides the basic knowledge and skills required in advanced carpentry and joinery, covering subjects as wall lining and cladding, wet area construction, stairs, doors and windows to name a few. Advanced topics as beams, suspended slabs and walls, formwork for columns and concrete stairs has also been covered.
This text is written for apprentices undertaking study and completing the Certificate III in Carpentry (CPC30211) and the Certificate III in Carpentry and Joinery (CPC32011) qualifications. Advanced Building and Joinery Skills, 2e is the third text in the Building Skills series, that also includes Basic Building and Construction, 5e and Site Establishment Formwork and Framing, 3e.
Now in complete full colour, Advanced Building and Joinery Skills, 2e covers twelve units of competency crucial to this industry, inaddition to combining standard industry practice with the newest industry technology and tools. Greater focus has also been placed on sustainability.
Units covered in this edition include:
• CPCCCA3010A Install and replace windows and doors
• CPCCCA3012A Frame and fit wet area fixtures
• CPCCCA3013A Install lining, panelling and moulding
• CPCCCA3016A Construct timber external stairs
• CPCCCA3017B Install exterior cladding
• CPCCCA3019A Erect and dismantle formwork to suspended slabs, columns, beams and walls
• CPCCJN3003A Manufacture and assemble components for door and window frames and doors
• CPCCJN3004A Manufacture joinery components
• CPCCCA3009A Construct advanced roofs
• CPCCCA3018A Construct, erect and dismantle formwork for stairs and ramps
• CPCCJS3003A Assemble and install stairs
• CPCCJS3004A Manufacture and install continuous hand railing and special stair components
With revised end-of-section worksheets and an array of Instructor and Student online resources, this textbook is perfect for traineeship and apprenticeship students wanting to advance their career in building.
eBook: Advanced Building and Joinery Skills
This eBook is provided in VitalSource format. It is accessible on and offline on Mac, PC, Android & iOS.
Teaching supplements and resources are also available as a companion to this title.
It’s so much easier when there are resources available to help you teach.
Interested in instructor materials?
Cengage Learning verify all requests before sharing instructor materials
Sampling is only provided to Australia, NZ & Pacific Island locations