2017 ISBN 9780170361972Edition
AU / NZ
Published: 2016 by
Cengage Learning Australia
Available for purchase on CengageBrain.com
Available formats and resources for instructors
Basic Plumbing Services Skills (Print)
Fully updated to current industry practices, this text covers both ‘common’ and ‘water’ stream competencies in the CPC Construction, Plumbing and Services Training Package. The knowledge and skills derived from this text provides students with the tools for future learning and prepares new and existing workers for a long and rewarding career in the industry. Basic Plumbing Service Skills: Water Supply 3e covers the following units of competency:
- CPCPCM3023A Fabricate and install non-ferrous pressure piping
- CPCPWT3020A Connect and install storage tanks to a domestic water supply
- CPCPWT3021A Set out and install water services
- CPCPWT3022A Install and adjust water service controls and devices
- CPCPWT3023A Install and commission water heating systems
- CPCPWT3025A Install water pumpsets
- CPCPWT3026A Fit off and commission heated and cold water services
- CPCPWT3027A Connect irrigation systems from drinking water supply
- CPCPWT3028A Install water services
The Plumbing Skills series provides learners with the knowledge, skills and awareness they will need to be successful in the plumbing industry. The series is structured to build step-by-step knowledge, working from general/foundation subjects towards more specific and technical detail as they progress. It develops problem-solving skills, combining safe work practices with professional skills and a thorough understanding of how and why things are done in a certain way.
- Work Health and Safety (WHS) boxes identify critical points for concern
- Sustainability boxes lead on up-to-date environmental information
- Employability boxes outline the responsibilities of employees, including skills they need to acquire and real-life challenges they may face at work
References to AS/NZS 3500:2015, referred to in the Plumbing Code of Australia, prompts familiarity with the codes throughout their training.
eBook: Basic Plumbing Services Skills
This eBook is provided in VitalSource format. It is accessible on and offline on Mac, PC, Android & iOS.
Teaching supplements and resources are also available as a companion to this title.
It’s so much easier when there are resources available to help you teach.
Interested in instructor materials?
Cengage Learning verify all requests before sharing instructor materials
Sampling is only provided to Australia, NZ & Pacific Island locations