Agile Project Manager
What we need:
An Agile Project Manager who has experience working closely with digital and platform teams. You will have experience guiding and mentoring teams that are in the early stages of transitioning from the more traditional waterfall methods of delivery to Agile practices.
You will also have a strong appreciation of the strengths of waterfall/sequential workflow practices in order to successfully work across teams to implement change where required.
Our team is committed to transforming to agile practices (where applicable) and will be looking for you to partner with them to guide and direct this process.
In this position, you will need to take the time to understand our business needs and product requirements by working with content development teams across various publishing lists.
You will collaborate with product managers, designers, developers and production, plus multiple stakeholders outside of our product team, to ensure transformation is properly understood and being applied as pragmatically as possible.
• Capture project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders
• Maintain Cengage Digital Product Workflow and accompanying RACI
• Support the Digital Product Workflow throughout each development phase of the product lifecycle
• Understand technical deliverables and help encourage completion within iterations
• Coordinate and facilitate projects/programs using Agile practices, processes and tools
• Run release planning sessions and retrospectives on projects
• Regularly monitor sprint progress and take proactive measures to achieve deadlines and objectives
• Support the completion of stories and intern Epics in Jira
• Support User story mapping to ensure product vision and clear acceptance criteria
• Promote, support and enable continuous improvement amongst project teams
• Measure ‘team health’ using appropriate tools and techniques
• Provide regular reporting against performance and effort
• Foster discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
• Connect with product managers to ensure project goals and requirements are met
• Be the hub of communication for the project
We also need you to:
• Collaborate closely with the Creative Director to advise best practices for the team
• Have an ability to summarise complex topics for non-technical customers both verbally and visually
• Work with other project managers in implementing Agile development approaches where applicable
• Create and maintain process and project documentation
• Coach, educate and mentor fellow team members regarding Agile practices, principles and mindset
Cengage is a global business; your role will also be required to liaise with Agile coaching peers from our international offices to help implement best practice.
Qualifications, knowledge and skills:
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
• Proven work experience as a Project Manager or another role that promotes strong understanding of Software development lifecycle
• Proven work experience promoting Agile methodologies and supporting tools
• Proven hands on Jira/Confluence experience
• Experience with Scrum, Kanban and Lean methodologies
• Demonstrate strong knowledge and background with Agile concepts
• Experience with Waterfall or involvement converting teams from Waterfall to an agile approach
• Excellent leadership, communication and collaboration skills
• Experience working in a large organization with diverse stakeholders, complexities, dependencies, multiple teams
This is a crucial and integral role and an exciting time to join Cengage. You will be starting at a time when you can make a significant impact to the organisation and influence the transformation of the digital projects.
Closing Date: Friday 7th September 2018
Download Job Description
Production Controller / Senior Production Controller – Secondary
A great opportunity exists for you to join one of Australia’s leading educational publishers and our award-winning Global Product Management team!
Cengage is the education and technology company built for learners. We create learning experiences that build confidence and momentum toward the future students want.
Our flexible learning tools give students access to content where and when they need it, so that they can learn in sync with their work, school and life. Our immersive experiences let students go deep and master concepts so that they don’t just get the grade they want; they gain skills for life. At Cengage, we accelerate the learning and life of every student.
We seek to employ the best people to deliver our inspiring, innovative and sustainable educational solutions for our customers. We are currently looking for a highly motivated, efficient and enthusiastic Production Controller or Senior Production Controller – School (front-list), depending on experience. This full-time position is based in our Melbourne head office and reporting to the Team Lead – Production (School / Export).
Your responsibilities will include:
• schedule and project-manage School front-list content (print and digital)
• initiate costings and monitor budgets for new project proposals
• implement traditional and agile project management methodologies
• liaise closely with local and offshore composition, print and web-development vendors
• communicate with internal staff and external freelancers
• ensure production standards are understood and adhered to
You must be able to demonstrate:
• proven project management experience
• your ability to think laterally and creatively
• an understanding of the publishing and book production process
• multi tasking and time management skills
• experience using MS Office, AS400, FileMaker Pro, Jira, Trello and Slack
• your analytical and problem-solving abilities
• attention to detail
This is an excellent opportunity to join our enthusiastic and dedicated team, who are at the forefront in the use of digital technology in developing resources for the educational market. Excellent communication and organisational skills, and the ability to manage deadlines are essential. The successful candidate will be a team player who can hit the ground running and oversee a growing list of projects.
Closing Date: Friday 31st August 2018
Download Job Description