Publishing and Editorial Assistant
12 month contract
Cengage Learning Australia, publisher and distributor of award-winning innovative textbook and technology products for the secondary education market in Australia and New Zealand, is seeking an energetic and committed person to support its Secondary Education publishing team.
This role requires a highly motivated, efficient and enthusiastic person to assist the publishing team with administrative, publishing and editorial support.
This 12 month contract position is based in our Melbourne head office.
• the ability to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines
• good computing and administrative skills
• a willingness to complete routine clerical tasks, as well as publishing tasks of a more challenging nature
• a good eye for detail
• excellent written and spoken communication skills
• highly developed research skills
• the ability to learn and obtain new skills / tasks quickly
• the ability to work co-operatively with all in-house departments including sales, marketing and production
This position provides an excellent opportunity for anyone wishing to begin a career in publishing. Graduate qualifications and previous experience in the book publishing industry will be well regarded.
A detailed job description
is available to interested applicants.
Applications in writing, quoting reference number PEA5015
should be submitted to the Human Resources Manager via email firstname.lastname@example.org
by Friday 11 September 2015
HIGHER EDUCATION PUBLISHING
We have a rare opportunity for an early career marketer or an outstanding graduate wishing to build their marketing career in the competitive publishing industry.
Cengage Learning publishes innovative textbook and technology solutions for university, vocational and library markets in Australia and New Zealand.
The Marketing Assistant works within the Marketing team and reports to the Head of Marketing providing marketing support and administrative assistance. This position is in the South Melbourne head office close to public transport and cafes.
• Proofreading promotional copy
• Product information data entry
• Events planning and support
• Intranet and database maintenance
Qualifications and Attributes:
• Tertiary qualifications (marketing, publishing, communications preferred)
• Editing or proof reading skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent administration and organisational skills
• Sound PC skills and a willingness to learn new technologies
• Literacy, numeracy and an attention to detail
This is a great opportunity to cement your Marketing career within a competitive market. A detailed job description
is available for interested candidates.
Application quoting reference no. MA4815
should be submitted to the Human Resources Manager, email to email@example.com
by Monday 7 September 2015.