Senior Financial Accountant
(12 month Maternity Contract)
Cengage Learning Australia, publisher and distributor of award-winning innovative textbook and technology products for the schools and higher education market in Australia, New Zealand and other key export markets, is seeking an experienced Senior Financial Accountant to join our Finance team.
Reporting to the Finance Director and COO this 12 month maternity contract position is based in our Melbourne head office. This pivotal position has complete accounting responsibilities for the company and leads a small enthusiastic team.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Oversee and assist in the monthly processes
• Ensure all process and functions are processed in a timely manner
• Review and authorize general and standing journals
• Compile Profit and Loss and Balance Sheets
• Manage day to day accounting functions
• Ensure a smooth end of month process
• Month end and ad hoc reporting
• Meet strict deadlines
• Manage, train, develop and motivate a small team
Skills and experience:
• Proven accounting experience
• Proven experience supervising a small team
• Technical accounting skills
• Strong reconciliation skills
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• The ability to work to and meet tight deadlines
• Attention to detail and problem solving skills
• Ability to follow through
• Excellent organisational skills
• The ability to prioritise tasks
This is great opportunity to cement your career in Finance and lead a small team. A detailed job description is available on our website for interested applicants.
Applications in writing, quoting reference no. SFA5515
should be submitted to the Human Resources Manager via email firstname.lastname@example.org
by Friday 16 October, 2015.