Production Controller / Senior Production Controller
(School – Frontlist)
A great opportunity exists for you to join one of Australia’s leading educational publishers and our award-winning Global Product Management team!
Cengage Learning, publisher and distributor of award-winning innovative textbook and technology products for the School market, is seeking to appoint a highly motivated, efficient and enthusiastic Production Controller or Senior Production Controller, depending on experience. This 10-month contract position is based in our Melbourne head office and reports to the Team Lead – Production (School / Export).
Your responsibilities will include:
• schedule and project manage School front-list titles (print and digital)
• initiate and monitor budgets for new project proposals and work within set guidelines
• liaise closely with local/offshore composition, digital and print vendors
• communicate with internal staff and external freelancers
• ensure production standards are understood and adhered to
You must be able to demonstrate:
• proven project management experience
• your ability to think laterally and creatively
• an understanding of the publishing process, for both print and digital product
• multi tasking and time management skills
• experience using Windows Excel, Word, Outlook, AS400, Jira and FileMaker Pro
• your analytical and problem solving abilities
• attention to detail
This is an excellent opportunity to join our enthusiastic and dedicated team, who are at the forefront in the use of digital technology in developing resources for the educational market. Excellent communication and organisational skills, and the ability to manage deadlines are essential. The successful candidate will be a team player who can hit the ground running and oversee a growing list of projects.
A detailed job description is available upon request for interested candidates.
Applications for this position quoting reference no. PC2316
should be submitted to the Human Resources Manager, via email email@example.com
by Wednesday 1 June 2016.