Editor – Primary
12 month maternity leave contract
Cengage Learning, one of Australia’s leading educational publishers, is seeking to appoint an experienced editor to join its Primary publishing team for a 12-month Maternity Leave contract, based in our Melbourne office.
Reporting to the Managing Editor, the Editor will be responsible for project-managing a variety of print and digital projects from manuscript delivery to press-ready stage. This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced editor to join a creative team and to use their editorial skills to develop a range of innovative educational resources.
You will be able to:
• perform a range of editorial tasks, including hands-on copyediting, structural editing and proofreading
• prepare artwork briefs and commission illustrators and photographers
• liaise with a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external
• monitor budgets
• ensure publishing schedules are monitored and publication dates are met
• work as part of a dedicated team with a strong desire for success
You will have:
• in-house editorial experience, preferably within an educational setting
• experience editing illustrative and photographic text
• excellent organisational and project-management skills
• strong written and verbal communication skills
• attention to detail
• sound knowledge of current production technologies and procedures
• excellent PC skills and experience working with Office applications (Word/Excel/Outlook/Acrobat/PPT)
The salary package offered will be commensurate with skills and experience. A detailed job description
is available on our website for interested candidates. This position requires a Working with Children Check.
Applications in writing quoting reference number PE6215
should be forwarded to the Human Resources Manager, via email@example.com
by Friday 11 December, 201