Product Manager - Higher Education
Cengage Learning Australia is a publisher and solutions provider for Higher Education in Australia and New Zealand. We are seeking a Product Manager to promote our textbooks and learning solutions in the University sector.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager - University, you will drive the strategy and manage promotions in universities across Australia and New Zealand.
• Plan and implement creative promotional campaigns
• Investigate competitor and market information
• Develop, implement and drive product strategies and promotions
• Contribute to the creation of sales tools
• Promote product through demonstrations
• Experience in marketing, or in publishing sales
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent copywriting skills
• Outstanding computer and systems skills
• A willingness to learn new technologies
• Creativity, energy and solid writing skills
• Attention to detail and a good analytic eye
• The ability to work within a team with a strong desire for success
• The ability to work in a dynamic environment, prioritise workloads, meet deadlines and use your own initiative
This is a rare opportunity for an outstanding candidate with a marketing background who wishes to move into the publishing / content industry; or with publishing industry experience who wants to join the successful team at Cengage Learning.
This role is based in Melbourne and requires interstate and occasional overseas travel. An attractive remuneration package including car allowance and bonus scheme is offered.
Candidates will need to have appropriate tertiary qualifications and this position requires a police check. A detailed job description is available for interested candidates.
Applications in writing, quoting reference number PMU1414 should be forwarded to the Human Resources Manager,
via email firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 19 March 2014.
Higher Education Sales Representative
Cengage Learning Australia, publisher and distributor of award-winning innovative textbook and digital products for the higher education market in Australia and New Zealand. Our learning resources encompass textbooks, multimedia and online content. We are part of a large global publishing group and have a successful local publishing program. We are currently seeking a highly motivated, professional sales representative to promote our products to universities in a designated territory. This position is based in our Sydney office.
• Identify all new and untapped markets within a designated territory
• Meet with key decision makers and present our products
• Maintain and grow existing customers
• Develop leads and marketing strategies through extensive research and cold calling
• Achieve set sales targets and KPIs
• Maintain a CRM system
The successful applicants will need to be enthusiastic, have proven selling skills and demonstrate the ability to source new business through superior service.
• An understanding of the sales process
• Strong business relationship-building skills
• Outstanding written and oral communication abilities
• A reasonable level of proficiency with computers
• The ability to work autonomously and contribute to a team
• A willingness to learn and demonstrate new technologies
• A proactive and creative approach to selling
• The ability to follow up and close the sale
The successful applicant will need to be entrepreneurial and be able to work independently, whilst also contributing to a strong team environment. Prior experience in the publishing, bookselling or educational sector will be well regarded. A tertiary qualification is highly desirable and a full driver’s licence is essential. This position requires a Police Check.
An attractive package including base salary, superannuation, fully maintained company vehicle and tools of the trade, including iPhone and tablet will be offered plus an opportunity to earn a generous bonus. A detailed job description is available for interested applicants.
Applications for this position quoting reference no. SRH1314 should be submitted to the Human Resources Manager via email email@example.com by Friday 7 March, 2014.
Educational Commission Sales Agent
Nelson Cengage, one of New Zealand’s leading educational publishers is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic commission based sales representative to join our Primary sales team. The successful applicant will be selling our Primary list, including the popular PM range, to schools in a specified territory. The position is based in Auckland, with the territory covering Central and West Auckland.
The successful applicant will be a highly motivated self-starter, possess excellent communication and organisational skills and the ability to work independently. A basic proficiency in computer skills will also be required. Applicants will need to have the desire to deliver superior service to our customers. Preference will be given to applicants with teaching and/or an educational sales background.
An excellent commission package is offered. Providing your own car and holding a current drivers licence is essential due to the travel required for this position.
Applications for this position quoting reference no. CSR1514 should be submitted to the Human Resources Manager, via email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 21 March 2014.