Marketing Communications Specialist, Secondary
A little about us
Cengage Australia creates learning solutions that use technology, pedagogy and content to enrich student engagement in the School, Higher Education / Vocational and Professional educational sectors in Australia and New Zealand. We are passionate about learning, innovation and engagement. We seek to employ the best people to deliver inspiring, innovative and sustainable educational solutions for our customers.
At Cengage we set the bar higher to achieve the best possible outcomes for our customers by putting learning first. We embrace diverse thoughts and backgrounds and challenge ourselves and others for continuous improvement.We seek to employ the best people to deliver inspiring, innovative and sustainable educational solutions for our customers.
As Marketing Communications Specialist, you will drive and execute marketing strategies to grow our brand and contribute to the success of Cengage’s Secondary School Division. You will be part of a friendly, collaborative, high performing team.
In this role you will:
• Devise a compelling marketing strategy based on product, price, placement and promotion
• Increase sales through development of sales tools, competitor analysis, and market information
• Develop and create content for all Secondary marketing campaigns
• Plan creative and high impact marketing campaigns for digital resources, websites, social media, corporate information and PR
• Supervise and mentor a small team
• Excellent communication skills - verbal and written, copywriting, editing and proofreading
• Experience crafting a compelling story
• An understanding of digital marketing principles including email and web copy guidelines
• Ability to identify trends and anticipate market changes
• Supervisory and mentoring abilities
• Sound understanding of reporting analytics and budget management
• A passion for education and a relentless focus on customers
• Extraordinary problem-solving skills; questioning the status quo and taking calculated risks to meet customers’ needs
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with key stakeholders
Qualifications and experience:
• Graduate or post graduate qualifications in Marketing, Communications, English or Media / Journalism
• Driving creative, call-to-action promotions and maintaining brand consistency
• Successful promotional planning and marketing tactics
• Proven experience in developing copy and content
• Experience in the education sector preferred but not essential
• Excellent presentation skills
• Proven supervisory experience
What we can offer you
• Access to our Wellbeing Employee Assistance Program
• Access to on-line training courses
• Free access to onsite gym and end of trip facilities
• Myki Commuter Club
• Publisher’s and staff discount
• Free fruit and professional coffee machines
Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Manager, Secondary this full-time, permanent position is based in South Melbourne however some travel is required. The successful applicant will need to have a Working with Children Check. A detailed job description is available on our website for interested candidates.
A detailed job description is available to download below.
Closing Date: Friday 6th March 2020
Download Job Description