Learning Consultant, Secondary – New Zealand
Cengage creates learning solutions that use technology, pedagogy and content to enrich student engagement in the School, Higher Education / Vocational and Professional and ELT educational sectors. We are passionate about learning, innovation and engagement. We seek to employ the best people to deliver inspiring, innovative and sustainable educational solutions for our customers.
Cengage is the education and technology company built for learners. Confident students are successful learners, so we design tools that keep them moving toward their goals. Our award-winning Higher Education team provides innovative teaching and learning solutions. With our industry-leading technologies, Cengage is the vanguard of tech for learning institutions.
At Cengage we set the bar higher to achieve the best possible outcomes for our customers by putting learning first. We embrace diverse thoughts and backgrounds and challenge ourselves and others for continuous improvement.
What we’re looking for
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Learning Consultant to sell and promote our print and digital resources to the Secondary education market in New Zealand. Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Manager, Secondary ANZ, the Learning Consultant will contribute to the strategic planning within the New Zealand territory and assist the Sales and Marketing Manager with new sales and marketing strategies. This position is based in Auckland with some regional travel required to meet our customers’ needs.
• set key objectives and strategy plans for designated territory
• sell and promote our print and digital resources
• actively source new business
• present our products to key stakeholders (teachers and booksellers)
• regional travel
• maintain accurate and up-to-date territory information
• submit weekly reports
• deliver superior after sale customer service
Skills and attributes:
• sales focused
• a proactive and creative approach to selling with a “can-do” attitude
• highly motivated self-starter, as well as a willing team member
• strong business relationship-building skills
• sound understanding of the Secondary education market
• knowledge of education resources in the digital space/environment
• comfortable in presenting digital products and new technologies
• demonstrated ability to work autonomously
• a creative energetic approach to achieving goals
• strong organisational skills
• customer service focused
Prior experience in face to face selling, publishing, bookselling or the educational sector will be well regarded.
What can we offer you?
• An attractive salary package
• Tools of the trade including iPhone and tablet
• Fully maintained company car
• Generous bonus plan
• Access to our Wellbeing Employee Assistance Program offering services in Mental Health and Wellbeing, Career Transition and Conflict Resolution
• Professional Development hub which includes access to online training courses
• Publisher’s and Staff Discount
A full driver’s licence is essential, and this position requires a Police check. Closing date is 1 July 2021.
Download Job Description