Content Manager, Higher Education
Cengage is the education and technology company built for learners. Confident students are successful learners, so we design tools that keep them moving toward their goals. Our multi-award-winning Higher Education team provides innovative teaching and learning solutions. With our industry-leading technologies, Cengage is the vanguard of tech for learning institutions.
At Cengage we set the bar higher to achieve the best possible outcomes for our customers by putting learning first. We embrace diverse thoughts and backgrounds and challenge ourselves and others for continuous improvement. We employ the best people to deliver inspiring, innovative and sustainable education solutions for our customers. We employ the best people to deliver our inspiring, innovative and sustainable educational solutions for our customers.
As Content Manager, you will be responsible for content acquisition and development of a designated Higher Education (HE) list. You will develop strategic vision and plans, to achieve success and exceed strategic goals for market share, top-line, and profit growth.
This full-time, permanent position is located in South Melbourne, close to public transport and cafes, with gym access. You will be part of a friendly, energetic team and report to the Head of Content Management. Travel in Australia and occasional overseas travel is required.
In this role you will:
• develop and maintain a publishing program for all designated lists for the Higher Education market
• prepare and present detailed publishing proposals for all Higher Education projects
• acquire and develop content, manuscripts and resources, in accordance with company plans
• ensure digital integration of content as a crucial part of product to be incorporated in a cohesive manner
• ensure publishing projects are delivered on time and to budget
• carry out thorough market research for the project, including university visits, focus groups and surveys
• build and maintain good working relationships with key academic contacts
• continually assess the content acquisition and development processes in accordance with divisional procedures
• proven successful experience in a commercial educational publishing (commissioning) role
• an excellent understanding of university developments and current teaching practice
• excellent project management skills
• an understanding of current technology and its use in education
• ability to work autonomously
• proven ability to network and build relationships with the ability to work collaboratively with key stakeholders
• highly developed time management skills
• proven ability to work to budgets and schedules
• excellent presentation skills
• negotiation and influencing skills, demonstrating friendly, transparent, and proactive communication
• an understanding of sales and marketing principles
• exceptional problem-solving skills; questioning the status quo and taking calculated risks to meet customers’ needs
An attractive remuneration package including bonus scheme is offered commensurate with experience.
Candidates will need to have appropriate tertiary qualifications and this position requires a police check.
Closing Date: Friday 31st of May 2019
Download Job Description