Sales Consultant, Primary (WA)
Cengage creates learning solutions that use technology, pedagogy and content to enrich student engagement in the Primary School sector. We are passionate about learning, innovation and engagement. We seek to employ the best people to deliver inspiring, innovative and sustainable educational solutions for our customers.
At Cengage we set the bar higher to achieve the best possible outcomes for our customers by putting learning first. We embrace diverse thoughts and backgrounds and challenge ourselves and others for continuous improvement.
We are seeking an experienced Sales Consultant to sell and promote our print and digital products. This position will be based in Perth and will call on schools in the metropolitan area and throughout Western Australia. Regular country travel is an essential part of this role.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the ability to source new business and be confident working in a Primary school environment focusing on our literacy and digital resources as well as our workbook consumables.
• Identify all new and untapped markets within a designated territory
• Maintain and grow existing customers and territory
• Develop leads and marketing strategies
• Meet with key decision makers and present our products within schools
• Network and maintain close working relationships with curriculum committee officers, subject association officers, advisory teachers, consultants and other key personnel
• Encourage and assist key booksellers in the Primary education market to carry and promote our Workbooks
• Proven successful experience in face to face selling
• Sound understanding of the Primary education market
• Knowledge of education resources in the digital space/environment
• Strong business relationship-building skills, demonstrating mutual respect
• The ability to follow up and close the sale
• Exceptional presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to drive a digital sales outcome
• Problem-solving abilities; questioning the status quo and taking calculated risks to meet customers’ needs
• Friendly, transparent, and proactive communication and your ability to collaborate with key contacts throughout the organisation and wider business community
You will receive thorough initial and ongoing training and plenty of support to succeed and enjoy the position. A full driver’s licence is essential, and this position requires a Working with Children Check.
We offer an attractive remuneration package including base salary, superannuation, bonus and fully-maintained company car. A detailed job description is available on our website for interested candidates.
Closing Date: Wednesday 20th February 2019
Download Job Description