Senior Publisher, Primary
Cengage is the education and technology company built for learners. We create learning experiences that build confidence and momentum towards the future students want.
Our flexible learning tools give students access to content where and when they need it, so that they can learn in sync with their work, school and life. At Cengage, we accelerate the learning and life of every student. We seek to employ the best people to deliver inspiring, innovative and sustainable educational solutions for our customers.
We wish to appoint a Senior Publisher, Primary, based in our Melbourne head office to be directly responsible for the development of educational resources. The successful applicant will also be involved in the strategic vision and plans for content for the Primary markets in Australia and New Zealand, ensuring the strategy reflects and complements the international market.
Reporting to the Publishing Manager, Primary, the successful candidate plays a strategic role in developing innovative electronic and print products in the key learning areas based on market requirements, and in increasing the profitability of existing products.
• Develop new publishing projects with maximum commercial potential
• Manage a profitable P&L and develop a strategic business plan for assigned portfolio
• Lead development and implementation of a strategic plan for transforming our products to meet changing market needs
• Collaborate with publishing, sales and marketing teams to ensure customer needs are met in the delivery of learning solutions
• Conduct thorough market research for each project
• Manage the product lifecycle of multiple projects
• An excellent understanding of curriculum developments and current classroom practice
• Demonstrate strategic agility and innovative thinking
• Customer-focused; has a track record of creating successful products by identifying customer needs and challenges
• Knowledge of learning design with emphasis on digital learning solutions that address customer needs
• Excellent understanding of the Primary Australia, New Zealand and international markets, including competition
• Ability to forecast and analyse sales
• Proven success in content development
• Strong understanding of the digital learning environment
• Strong business relationship-building skills, inspires others and builds team commitment
• High level communication and presentation skills
Prior experience in the publishing sector would be highly regarded. Teaching experience would be advantageous. A tertiary qualification is highly desirable and a full driver’s licence is essential. A Working with Children Check will be required for this position.
An attractive package including base salary, superannuation, motor vehicle allowance and tools of the trade will be offered plus an opportunity to earn a generous bonus. A detailed job description is available on our website for interested candidates.
Due to the holiday period shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview after 10 January 2019.
Closing Date: Friday 21st December 2018
Download Job Description