Content Developer - Higher Education (2 positions)
At Cengage we set the bar higher to achieve the best possible outcomes for our customers by putting learning first. We embrace diverse thoughts and backgrounds and challenge ourselves and others for continuous improvement. We employ the best people to deliver innovative and sustainable educational solutions for our customers.
We wish to appoint two Content Developers to join our Higher Education division to work on our publishing program for the Australian and New Zealand markets. Reporting to the Content Development Manager these positions are based in South Melbourne, close to public transport and cafes, with gym access.
• manage the content development process for multiple print and digital products to ensure they meet market needs and provide effective and engaging learning experiences
• manage and motivate academic author teams to deliver high quality learning content and assets
• strategically commission authors for digital assets
• collaborate with cross-functional team members (including Production, Design, Digital, Permissions) to develop content and products that meet key market requirements and are delivered to budget and on time
• assist with in-depth market research programs, select reviewer panels and engage with reviewers
• build effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
Qualifications and Attributes:
• relevant industry experience
• an excellent understanding of print and digital educational content development and production processes
• results focused with the ability to think strategically in alignment with business objectives
• good interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with key stakeholders, demonstrating friendly, transparent, and proactive communication
• good negotiating and persuasion skills
• excellent organisational and project management skills with the ability to manage a busy workload by prioritising urgent tasks
• strong problem-solving skills; questioning the status quo and taking calculated risks to meet customers’ needs
• ability to work autonomously as well as a close-knit team
These positions provide an excellent opportunity for anyone wishing to further their career in educational content design and development. Graduate qualifications and previous experience in the educational or publishing industry is preferred and this position requires a police check.
Closing Date: Monday 26th August 2019
Download Job Description