Sales Representative, GALE (NSW)
Gale is a world leading provider of research resources including digital archives, databases, eBooks, print and microfilm. We deliver quality resources to School, University, State and Public Libraries to inspire innovation and an enhanced educational experience. Gale is a Cengage company. Cengage is a leading educational content, technology and services provider.
At Cengage, we seek to employ the best people to deliver our inspiring, innovative and sustainable educational solutions for our customers. We wish to appoint a passionate Sales Representative to sell and promote Gale subscription, archives and eBook products to Librarians and academic faculty members and provide after sales support as required. This position is based in our Sydney office and will be reporting to the Sales and Marketing Director, ANZ. Travel is an integral part of this position with some weekend work when required.
• Identify and actively source new business
• Develop effective relationships with current users through face to face calling and regular client contact
• Meet with key decision makers and present our products
• Maintain and grow existing customers
• Provide after sales support
• Achieve set sales targets and KPIs
• Maintain a CRM system
• Manage territory expenditure
The successful applicant will be highly motivated, setting the bar higher to meet our customers’ needs, and putting learners first. You will have proven selling skills in digital product and demonstrate the ability to source new business through superior service.
• Proven successful sales experience in libraries or academic publishing
• Sound understanding of the library and subscription markets
• Advanced knowledge in the digital space/environment
• Demonstrated ability to drive a digital sales outcome
• Strong business relationship-building skills, demonstrating mutual respect and acceptance of diverse thoughts and backgrounds
• Proven after sales support experience
• Friendly, transparent, and proactive communication with the ability to collaborate with key contacts throughout the organisation and wider business community
• Outstanding presentation skills
• A willingness to learn and grow your expertise
• A proactive and creative approach to selling
• Ability to follow up and close the sale, a positive attitude to problem-solving, questioning the status quo to meet customers’ needs
You will need to be entrepreneurial and be able to work independently, whilst also contributing to a strong team environment. A tertiary qualification is highly desirable and a full driver’s licence is essential. A Police check will be required for this position.
An attractive package including base salary, superannuation, vehicle allowance and tools of the trade, including iPhone and tablet will be offered plus an opportunity to earn a generous bonus. A detailed job description is available on our website for interested candidates.
Closing Date: Friday 25th January 2019
Download Job Description