Team Lead, Higher Education/VET (HEV)
A little about us
Cengage is the education and technology company for learners. We create learning experiences that build confidence and momentum toward the future students want.
Our flexible learning tools give students access to content where and when they need it, so that they can learn in sync with their work, school and life. Our immersive experiences let students go deep and master concepts so that they don’t just get the grade they want; they gain skills for life. At Cengage, we accelerate the learning and life of every student.
What we are looking for:
An exceptional individual who is passionate about education, technology and people to join and mentor our Content Developer team. Someone who has experience publishing Higher Education or VET content, who can lead a small team, deal with change and effectively project manage.
This position is an exciting opportunity for you to develop your career as you will oversee the management of all product development processes of our Higher Education and VET projects and accompanying resources.
This is a crucial and integral role and an exciting time to join Cengage. As an experienced and talented Content Developer you will manage and review the product development process, work closely and collaboratively with cross-functional teams and train and develop direct reports.
As the Team Lead, HEV, you will collaborate with the Lead Learning Design Content Development (Lead LDCD) and review process of product development guidelines, maximising strategic relationships with key parties, ensuring market focused products and resources that meet customer value and quality expectations are delivered to production.
• Implement the product development process
• Project-manage HEV print and digital products
• Participate in the project/author/production planning meetings
• Strategically select and engage reviewers to ensure content is customer focused
• Ensure digital product requirements are produced and integrated
• Communicate key product and market developmental issues
• Communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure product quality
• Supervise quality control on all Higher Education and VET titles
• Ensure project costs fall within prescribed budgets and timelines
• Work with Lead LDCD to ensure adherence to Cengage Quality of Learning Principles
• Implement the product development process for assigned titles and resource packages
• Support, mentor and supervise a small team
Cengage is a global business; your role will also be required to liaise with colleagues from our international offices to help implement best practice.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
• Knowledge of Higher Education and VET education market throughout Australia
• Ability to make objective, sound, market-informed and data-driven decisions
• An excellent understanding of the content first strategy
• An ability to visualise project outcomes and anticipate problems
• Negotiation and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships
• An ability to manage and set budgets
• Excellent organisational and project management skills
• Strategic mindset
• An ability to collaborate and work co-operatively with all in-house departments demonstrating mutual respect
• Extraordinary problem-solving skills; questioning the status quo and taking calculated risks to meet customers’ needs
• Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills
What we can offer you?
• an attractive package including base salary plus superannuation
• access to our Wellbeing Employee Assistance Program offering services in Mental Health and Wellbeing, Career Transition and Conflict Resolution
• Professional Development hub which includes access to online training courses
• free access to onsite gym and end-of-trip facilities
• Myki Commuter Club
• publishers and staff discount
This role is based in our Melbourne head office, however currently working from home arrangements are in place and in line with Victorian government guidelines.
This is an exciting time at Cengage with the transformation of our digital and print products. You can make a significant impact in this crucial and integral role.
Closing Date: Friday 5 November 2021
Download Job Description