What is the PM Guided Reading Planner?
The PM Guided Reading Planner was created following demand from teachers for easier access to some of Nelson Primary’s most popular teaching resources. For the first time, you no longer need to purchase separate Teacher’s Notes or Student Activity BLMs for the PM guided reading books. You can use the Planner to search for and download them directly, as part of your annual subscription.
How do I navigate through the PM Guided Reading Planner?
The easy-to-use Search function allows you to browse and search for any PM guided reading book’s Teacher’s Notes and Student Activities. You can also use the Filter tool to search for a title by PM level, colour, reading age, text type, genre, theme or character.
You will see direct links to download each book’s Teacher’s Notes or Student Activities PDF documents.
Teacher's Notes and Student Activities
How can I save specific Teacher’s Notes and Student Activity resources to a list for guided reading lesson planning?
You can quickly and easily save your desired Teacher’s Notes and Student Activities for any PM book to your own lists, allowing you to access them at any time for future guided reading lessons.
You may like to organise them by student reading group name or by PM level.
Simply click on the ‘favourite’ symbol next to your title and create a name for your list.
Then access your saved lists anytime through the
My Lists tab at the top of the main Planner page.
How do I print Teacher’s Notes or Student Activities?
- Use the Search bar or filters to find your PM title.
- Click the Teacher’s Notes or Student Activities links to instantly view the resources.
- Then, select the Print button at the top right of the page, and the print dialogue box will open up.
Can I print and distribute Teacher’s Notes or Student Activities to teachers at other schools?
No. Your subscription limits the use of the PM Guided Reading Planner resources to subscribed Admin and Teacher users only.
Managing your Subscription
Note: To manage your subscription you must have administrator permissions on the account.
How do I give a Teacher access to the subscription?
Teacher management, including adding new teachers, can be accessed by navigating to the Manage tab.
From here, select Add Teachers and complete the details.
How can I add multiple Teachers to the subscription at once?
Teacher management, including adding multiple teachers, can be accessed by navigating to the Manage tab.
From here, select Add Teachers and complete the details of the first teacher.
Before continuing to the next page you can select 'Add More' and enter the other teachers you wish to invite. Once you have entered all of the teachers you wish to invite, you can continue and send all the invitations at once.
How do I change the permissions of a Teacher or Admin on the subscription?
- From the Manage tab, find the teacher/admin listing and select the edit symbol.
- Choose what permissions you would like the teacher/admin to have and save the changes.
How do I remove Teacher(s) from the subscription?
- From the Manage tab, find the teacher listing and select Remove.
- Confirm the removal of the teacher from the subscription.
Note: To remove an administrator you will first need to change their permissions to that of a teacher.
Why can I see books in the Planner that I don't own?
The PM Guided Reading Planner provides access to the full range of PM guided reading titles.
That’s why you might be seeing PM titles that you haven’t seen before or that might not be included in your PM reader class set.
How do I purchase a book?
We’ve included a link within each PM title to learn more about the book with the option to purchase.
Click on the Learn more link, alongside the Teacher’s Notes and Student Activities links.
I can't find a book that I'm looking for.
- Make sure you have entered the title correctly as it appears on the PM book.
- Make sure you don’t have any filters below the search bar selected.
- Try searching for just one word in the title.
- The title you’re searching for may be out of print, and therefore has not been included in the Planner collection.