Thank you for your interest in Business for QCE
We will contact you when sample pages become available.
For now, here's more information about the new series.
With Units 1 & 2 coming in 2018 and Units 3 & 4 coming in 2019, Business for QCE Units 1 & 2: Creation and Growth and Units 3 & 4: Diversification and Evolution has been written to comprehensively cover the new QCAA Business General Senior syllabus. The series addresses the syllabus and unit objectives using the inquiry approach valued in the syllabus, with authentic case studies and integration of the underpinning factors throughout.
Written by a highly experienced and respected author team, the series provides a strong foundation in the fundamentals of business and follows the progression of the business life cycle from seed to post-maturity stage. Through an engaging 21st century approach to teaching and learning, students will develop skills in examining business data and information through a range of analytical tools and visual representations.
• Extensive explanation of concepts and theories
• Infographic overviews and concept maps introduce topics
• ‘Gaining Insights’ sections provide a range of contemporary and authentic case studies and industry insights
• Inquiry activities require students to carry out research and present data
• Clear definitions of key concepts throughout
• Analytical tools explained and applied in practical tasks, with links to templates
• Questions, activities and chapter reviews support the new assessment model
• Complete case studies of local and national businesses at the conclusion of each topic
• Numerous illustrative examples and diagrams
• Customisable, interactive NelsonNetBook for digital learning.
About the Authors
Sally Adams is a senior Business Management teacher at Stuartholme School and a QCAA District Review Panel Chair for Business Management.
Berenice Furlong is Head of Business Management, senior Business Management teacher and coordinator at Centenary State High School, and a QCAA State Review Panel Chair for Business Management.
Melissa Larsson is Head of House and senior Business Management teacher at St Rita’s College, and is a QCAA State Panel Member for Business Management
Amy Thompson is Head of Commerce at St Andrew’s Anglican College, and is a QCAA District Panel Member for Business Communication and Technologies.
Table of Contents
Units 1 & 2
1 The business life cycle
2 Fundamentals of business
3 Leadership and management
Case study 1: Fundamentals of business
4 Ideas and innovation
5 The viability of ideas
Case study 2: Creation of business ideas
6 Start-up regulation and financing
7 Engaging staff
Case study 3: Establishment of a business
8 Role and influences of marketing
9 Understanding markets and strategies
10 Operational processes and systems
Case study 4: Entering markets
11 Evaluating with criteria
12 Creating business responses