Invite new teachers ahead of time. For a teacher account to be fully set up, the teacher needs to accept the invitation email.Tip: If they have trouble finding the invitation email, please ask they double check their spam folder
Review your groups and classes from last year. Make sure that groups are marked as groups and classes are marked as classes.
Tip: When viewing the Group page, you can see them grouped by ‘My class/es’, ‘My groups’, ‘Other groups’ and ‘Other classes’. This will allow you to tell which are marked as groups, and which as classes.
Delete any groups and sessions that are not needed for the new year.
Create any new classes
for those grades/year levels that are going to use PM eCollection next year.
Tip: To make the rollover process easier, name your classes in a way that you can distinguish them from current year classes. e.g. 1A 2021
If you have classes that directly rollover from year-to-year, simply rename last year’s class.
Ensure no students are in the ‘Students not in a class’ area of the students page.Tip: Click the ‘My Students’ checkbox to only see your classes and ‘Students not in a class’. Assign any students in the ‘Students not in a class’ area into a current year’s class that matches the grade/year level they are in. (This will help make a smooth rollover experience.)
Delete all current highest grade/year level classes. This will move all students within these classes to the ‘Students not in a class’ area in the system.
Tip: If any students are remaining in this grade/year level in the new year, do not delete them
- * Go to the ‘Students not in a class’ area on the ‘Students’ page.
- * Select and remove any students that will not be using PM eCollection in the new year. Note: Removing a student will make this student licence available for another student; it will not reduce the number of student licences purchased.
Now move your second-highest grade/level students, through to your lowest grade students, into their new classes for 2021.
First, delete all classes for a specific
grade/year level. This will move all students into the ‘Students not in a class’ area. Then, for each class in a grade/year level:
- * Find and select all students in a class on the ‘Students’ page
- * Select ‘Add to Group’ on the left-hand menu
- * Select the relevant class in the new year that you are moving these students to and confirm with ‘Add to Group’ at the bottom of the page
- * Scroll back up the page to see the confirmation message and select ‘Finish adding to group’
Delete any students or teachers that will not be using PM eCollection in the new year.
Tip: You will find these students in the ‘Students not in a class’ area on the ‘Students’ page.
Set-up new students for the new year.
Tip: You will need to increase your licences if you have more students in the new year than the current year.
- * Import your list of new students
- * Assign all your lowest grade/year level students into their classes in the new year via the students or groups pages
- * Assign any other new students in higher grade/year levels to their classes
Have teachers log-in and view their classes, through the ‘Group’ screen. They can print their students’ login cards.
Tip: Existing students that are rolling over will retain their current login details (i.e. username/passwords).