Terms & Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to the Nelson Cengage ‘ALEA Conference Instagram Competition Daily Giveaway'. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions.
2. The Promoter is Nelson Cengage Learning Australia Pty Ltd, ABN 14 058 280 149, of Level 7, 80 Dorcas Street, South Melbourne VIC 3205. Phone: 1300 790 853.
3. The Giveaway commences at 12:00 pm (AEST) on 8th July 2018 and closes on 11th July 2018 (‘Offer Period’) at 3:00pm (AEST). Entries after 3:01pm (AEST) on 11th July 2018 will not be eligible for the Giveaway.
4. There are three (3) giveaways for the duration of the ALEA Conference:
a. Monday, 9th July 2018 Daily Giveaway (‘Monday Giveaway’) consists of one (1) Guiding Thinking for Effective Spelling (‘Book’) given to the first ten (10) participants (teacher or librarian) who visit the Nelson Cengage booth and mentions the Instagram post.
b. Tuesday, 8th July 2018 Daily Giveaway (‘Tuesday Giveaway’) consists of thirty-five (35) PM Magenta books valued at $292.25.
c. Nelson Primary Major Prize (‘Major Prize’) consists of a $500 voucher to be used on the winner's choice of Nelson Primary resources.
5. The Daily Giveaways are valid to Australian teachers or librarians (‘entrants’) who attend ALEA.
6. All entrants must follow Nelson Cengage’s Instagram account, NelsonPrimary.
7. Multiple entries by the same entrant will not be considered.
8. Winners will be announced:
a. Monday Giveaway winners will be announced once they have visited the Nelson Cengage booth whereupon they shall receive their Book. Once the ten (10) Books are awarded, an announcement will be posted on the NelsonPrimary Instagram account via Instagram Story closing the Monday Giveaway.
b. The Tuesday Giveaway winner will be contacted on Instagram and be asked to visit the Nelson Cengage booth whereupon the Nelson Primary staff will confirm the winner's name, school name, and school address to send the thirty-five (35) PM Magenta books.
c. Saturday Giveaway winners will be announced on Wednesday, 11th July 2018.
10. The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
11. Entry is only open to practising primary school educators, including librarians, in Australia aged 21 years or older. ‘Primary school educators’ is defined herein as a teacher or primary or librarian of primary school aged students currently employed by a school in Australia and undertaking their role in primary school environment.
12. All entrants must attend the AATE/ALEA Conference.
12. Employees and their immediate families of Cengage Learning Pty Ltd are excluded from this promotion.
13. The entrant must submit a valid school address to prove they are a practising primary school teacher. A delivery address will be considered. Any personal addresses supplied will be a breach of the Terms & Conditions and the entry will be considered invalid.
14. Entrants cannot enter multiple times. Only one (1) entry per person will be accepted.
Prizes and Winnings
15. Prizes are GST inclusive, in Australian dollars and are the Recommended Retail Value (RRP) as sold at retail.
16. Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
17. Cengage Learning accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, or injury incurred to enter the competition or in connection with taking up the prize.
18. Once the prize has left the prize supplier’s premises, Cengage Learning takes no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
19. Cengage Learning’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. Cengage Learning may refuse to award a prize to any person who has in our view acted in a fraudulent manner; or breached these Terms and Conditions.
21. The prize must be claimed within 3 months from when it becomes available, in the instance the supplier is out of stock of products requested and the products requested are unavailable at the time of the draw.
22. Cengage Learning accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Liability for any tax arising out of participation in this promotion (including acceptance of a prize) is the sole responsibility of the entrant.
Unclaimed Prize Draw
23. Where the prize remains unclaimed:
a. Three months after that draw; or
b. If the prize is time specific (e.g. perishable or event based), after Cengage Learning has made all reasonable efforts to contact the prize winner in time to take up the prize, Cengage Learning will conduct such further selections at the same place as the original selection as are necessary in order to distribute any prize. Winners of the unclaimed prize will be notified by phone, email, and/or mail within 2 days of the unclaimed prize draw. The winner’s name will be published on the Cengage Learning website (www.nelsonprimary.com.au/win) no later than 30 days of the redraw of the relevant prize.
24. By providing Cengage Learning with an email address, you consent to us sending you emails for promotional purposes.
25. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Cengage Learning (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) arising in any way out of the Promotion.
26. You authorise Cengage Learning to collect and hold personal information, for this promotion and future promotional purposes by us. You understand that you have a right to access personal information held by us about you, at any time. Failure to provide the personal information requested will result in the entry being invalid.
27. The Promoter may conduct such further selection on Tuesday, 24th June 2018 at 10:00am AEST at Level 7, 80 Dorcas Street South Melbourne VIC 3205 in order to distribute any prize that may be unclaimed by that date. In the event of a winner in the unclaimed prize draw, they will be notified via email and published on the website (www.nelsonprimary.com.au/win) on Wednesday, 1st August 2016.
28. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Cengage Learning, it reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
29. The Promoter is Cengage Learning Australia – Primary Schools division (part of Cengage Learning Pty Ltd) of Level 7, 80 Dorcas Street South Melbourne VIC 3205 (ABN 14 058 280 149).