Terms & Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to the Nelson Cengage ‘ALEA Conference Instagram Competition’ Daily Giveaway. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions.
2. The Promoter is Nelson Cengage Learning Australia Pty Ltd, ABN 14 058 280 149, of Level 7, 80 Dorcas Street, South Melbourne VIC 3205. Phone: 1300 790 853.
3. The Giveaway commences at 8:00 am (AEST) on 6th July 2017 and closes on 8th July 2017 (‘Offer Period’). Entries after 11:59pm (AEST) on 8th July 2017 will not be eligible for the Giveaway.
4. There are three (3) daily giveaways for the duration of the ALEA Conference:
a. Thursday, 6th July 2017 Daily Giveaway (‘Thursday Giveaway’) consists of one (1) PM Guided Reader Red or Yellow or Blue book (‘Book’) given to the first twenty (20) participants (teacher or librarian) who visit the Nelson Cengage booth. Nelson Cengage reserves the right to select book.
b. Friday, 7th July 2017 Daily Giveaway (‘Friday Giveaway’) consists of two (2) vouchers valued at $295 per voucher to be used in any Nelson Cengage Professional Development session at the entrants discretion. PD Vouchers can be used to availability of Nelson Cengage Professional Development Consultant.
c. Saturday, 8th July 2017 Daily Giveaway (‘Saturday Giveaway’) consists of Guiding Thinking for Effective Spelling 1E and 2E valued at $85.
5. The Daily Giveaways are valid to Australian teachers or librarians (‘entrants’).
6. All entrants must follow Nelson Cengage’s Instagram account, NelsonPrimary.
7. Multiple entries by the same entrant will not be considered.
8. Winners will be announced:
a. Thursday Giveaway winners will be announced once they have visited the Nelson Cengage booth whereupon they shall receive their PM Book. Once the twenty (20) Books are awarded, an announcement will be posted on the NelsonPrimary Instagram account closing the daily giveaway.
b. Friday Giveaway winners will be announced on Saturday, 8th July 2017.
c. Saturday Giveaway winners will be announced on Sunday, 9th July 2017.
9. Winners will be notified (except for the Thursday Giveaway winners) on Monday, 10th July 2017.
10. The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
ALEA Conference Balanced Reader Competition
Terms & Conditions of Entry
For the purpose of this promotion, Nelson Cengage refers to Cengage Learning Australia – Primary Schools division (‘the Promoter’).
HOW TO ENTER
Entrants must complete the Balanced Reader competition form by Sunday, 9th July 2017 at 11:59am (AEST). Entries completed after Sunday, 9th July 2017 at 12:00pm (AEST) will not be considered.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Acceptance of Terms
11. These Terms and Conditions apply to the Nelson Cengage ‘Balanced Reader’ Competition. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions.
12. The Promoter is Nelson Cengage Learning Australia Pty Ltd, ABN 14 058 280 149, of Level 7, 80 Dorcas Street, South Melbourne VIC 3205. Phone: 1300 790 853.
13. Entry is only open to practising primary school educators, including librarians, in Australia aged 21 years or older. ‘Primary school educators’ is defined herein as a teacher or primary or librarian of primary school aged students currently employed by a school in Australia and undertaking their role in primary school environment.
14. Employees and their immediate families of Cengage Learning Pty Ltd are excluded from this promotion.
Entry and the Promotional Period
15. The competition duration begins on Thursday, 6th July 2017 and closes on Sunday, 9th July 2017 at 11:59am (AEST) (‘the Promotional period’).
16. No entries will be accepted after this date. At any time, Cengage Learning may verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, place of residence and place of employment) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an invalid entry. An entry is not validated or otherwise not submitted in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
17. The entrant must submit a valid school address to prove they are a practising primary school teacher. A delivery address will be considered. Any personal addresses supplied will be a breach of the Terms & Conditions and the entry will be considered invalid.
18. Entrants cannot enter multiple times. Only one (1) entry per person will be accepted.
Prizes and Winnings
19. Prize: The Prize consists of a Balanced Reader pack.
a. The Balanced Reader pack consists of a PM Alphabet Starters (26 books); PM Alphabet Blends (32 books); PM Alphabet Big Book (1 book); PM Red Guided Readers (30 books); PM Yellow Guided Readers (30 books); PM Blue Guided Readers (30 books); PM Green Guided Readers (30 books); and PM Green Guided Reading Cards Box Set (1 box) valued at AUD $1913.50 (RRP) GST inclusive.
20. Draw winner will be determined at Level 7, 80 Dorcas Street South Melbourne VIC 3205 on Wednesday, 12th July 2017. The winner will be notified via email and telephone using details provided upon the entry.
21. Prizes are GST inclusive, in Australian dollars and are the Recommended Retail Value (RRP) as sold at retail.
22. Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
23. Cengage Learning accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, or injury incurred to enter the competition or in connection with taking up the prize.
24. Once the prize has left the prize supplier’s premises, Cengage Learning takes no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
25. Cengage Learning’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. Cengage Learning may refuse to award a prize to any person who has in our view acted in a fraudulent manner; or breached these Terms and Conditions.
27. The prize must be claimed within 3 months from when it becomes available, in the instance the supplier is out of stock of products requested and the products requested are unavailable at the time of the draw.
28. Cengage Learning accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Liability for any tax arising out of participation in this promotion (including acceptance of a prize) is the sole responsibility of the entrant.
Unclaimed Prize Draw
29. Where the prize remains unclaimed:
a. Three months after that draw; or
b. If the prize is time specific (e.g. perishable or event based), after Cengage Learning has made all reasonable efforts to contact the prize winner in time to take up the prize, Cengage Learning will conduct such further selections at the same place as the original selection as are necessary in order to distribute any prize. Winners of the unclaimed prize will be notified by phone, email, and/or mail within 2 days of the unclaimed prize draw. The winner’s name will be published on the Cengage Learning website (www.nelsonprimary.com.au/win) no later than 30 days of the redraw of the relevant prize.
30. By providing Cengage Learning with an email address, you consent to us sending you emails for promotional purposes.
31. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Cengage Learning (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) arising in any way out of the Promotion.
32. You authorise Cengage Learning to collect and hold personal information, for this promotion and future promotional purposes by us. You understand that you have a right to access personal information held by us about you, at any time. Failure to provide the personal information requested will result in the entry being invalid.
33. The Promoter may conduct such further selection on 30th June 2016 at 10:00am AEST at Level 7, 80 Dorcas Street South Melbourne VIC 3205 in order to distribute any prize that may be unclaimed by that date. In the event of a winner in the unclaimed prize draw, they will be notified via email and published on the website (www.nelsonprimary.com.au/win) on 1st of July 2016.
34. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Cengage Learning, it reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
35. The Promoter is Cengage Learning Australia – Primary Schools division (part of Cengage Learning Pty Ltd) of Level 7, 80 Dorcas Street South Melbourne VIC 3205 (ABN 14 058 280 149).