Professional Development Consultant
Mobile: 0418 432 669
Fax: 03 9685 4199
Carmel has extensive experience in working in a variety of educational roles at a state, regional and school level. With recent experience as a school leader, she is aware of emerging school needs and priorities for quality teaching and learning in a range of school settings. She is extremely passionate about assessment for learning processes, particularly in relation to the use of explicit literacy strategies and classroom data to inform practice.
Carmel's experience and qualifications include:
- Deputy Principal/Principal roles
- Curriculum Consultancy at the regional level for the Department Of Education Child Development in SA
- Primary Australian Curriculum Implementation Officer for the Department of Education and Child Development in SA
- Specialist teaching roles including English as a Second Language (ESL/EALD)
- Early Years Teacher and Literacy Key Teacher (at rural and metropolitan schools)
- Curriculum writer for Open Access College (to support Distance Education)
- Special interest in the literacy development of students with learning difficulties
- Diploma Of Teaching and Gifted Education Trainer.