This session will have a strong focus on how oral literacy is developed in the Primary years, supported by guided reading and guided writing.
The session will cover:
- understanding of the balanced reader and writer
- the embedding of spoken language within the teaching of reading and writing
- explicit teaching of skills and strategies to help students become confident speakers and effective listeners within modelled, guided and independent phases of literacy learning
- the way in which reading, writing and oral literacy are interconnected
- the importance of oral literacy in the development of highly successful literate students and effective communicators.