• Cell structure and technologies
• Cell function
• Organisation of cells
• Nutrient and gas requirements
• Effects of the environment on organisms
• Adaptations and classification
• The theory of evolution
• Evidence to support the theory of evolution by natural selection
• Population dynamics
• Past ecosystems
• Future management of ecosystems
• Depth studies
Scaffolded exam practice is included in every chapter, with questions ranging from Band 3-6, to ensure every student is prepared for their HSC exams.
Working scientifically skills embedded in investigations and depth study suggestions are provided at the end of each module.
A wide range of?activities and investigations?throughout, as well as a dedicated chapters in each student book, will help students develop and practise the Working Scientifically Skills.
Exam question analysis videos unpack HSC exam-style questions to empower students with a deeper understanding of how to approach and answer complex exam questions.
Contains a dedicated chapter on how to approach and carry out the Depth Study