1. Introduction to the Catering and Hospitality Industry
2. Hygiene & Safety in the Kitchen
3. Basic Cookery
4. Working with Others
5. Vegetables, Eggs, Fruit and Farinaceous Dishes
7. Fish and Shellfish
8. Meat, Game and Offal
9. Bakery, Pastry and Desserts
10. Dietary and Cultural Needs
11. Kitchen Management
Theory and recipes are presented in a clear, student-friendly manner, and employability skills are integrated throughout.
Profiles and recipes from well-known Australian chefs are included to inspire and engage students.
Assessment of knowledge and understanding questions at the end of each chapter allow students to test themselves, and lecturers can use these questions to gauge student progress.
Can be packaged with the new Australian ‘Virtual Kitchen’ website for a comprehensive interactive approach.
Chefs featured include: Toby Puttock, George Calombaris, Curtis Stone, Nicole de Garis, David Coomer, Jacqui Gowan, Warren Flanagan, Daniel Alps and Spencer Clements.