Obento Student Books
The new editions of the Obento series have been updated in response to teachers' feedback and changing emphasis in the curriculum and technology. Supported by a suite of digital resources, the best loved features have been continued, with an innovative and logical methodology for introducing script, rich video and audio resources, and an emphasis on intercultural understanding and language learning.
Obento is a fully integrated course in three stages, written specifically for secondary students learning Japanese. Obento Deluxe is the first level and Obento Supreme is the second level. The expert author team being their expertise, creativity and humour to these comprehensive resources.
This series is supported by NelsonNet resources and an interactive NelsonNetBook. Find out more about these resources here.
The completely revised workbooks offer a wealth of consolidating and reinforcing exercises to revise language and structures, plus:
- NelsonNet contains videos and all audio for the workbook activities so students can complete tasks independently
- Accurate modelling of pronunciation and fluency in all audio files
- Numerous opportunities to practice and consolidate the key language and script in the student book
The audio packs contain all the recordings from the student book, workbook and unit tests.
All audio is recorded by native speakers of Japanese to ensure accurate pronunciation and appropriate fluency.
A full-colour wrap-around text provides structured and explicit connections to The Australian Curriculum: Japanese, saving teachers' time and supporting those less experienced or new to the series.
- Contains unit tests and solutions, worksheets, grammar PowerPoint presentations and curriculum grids
- Also featured in the Teacher Toolkit are workbook pages with over-printed solutions and audio transcripts from the workbook, which provide teachers a quick and handy reference to use in class or for preparation.