You must first logout before you can change your location setting. Do you wish to logout?
Written to meet the full requirements of the Australian Curriculum: Languages Italian, Parliamo Italiano Insieme is the ideal course to support you and your students with the transition to the new curriculum. Level 1 is intended for Years 7 & 8 and level 2 for Years 9 & 10. Combining a well-paced approach with a focus on intercultural skills, your students will be able to build their language skills with confidence while developing intercultural competence.
This series is supported by NelsonNet resources and an interactive NelsonNetBook. Find out more about these resources here.
Each unit follows a consistent structure including the following sections:
• Global connections – a ‘visual’ lead into the chapter, with lots of prompts for intercultural discussion. Explore language and culture with the aid of up-to-date and authentic stimulus materials
• Cartoon stories – at the start of every chapter cartoon stories showcase the key language in a fun and engaging way
• Comunichiamo – focuses on the key linguistic functions with many examples and models, providing the opportunity to start using the target language with confidence
• Testi – includes a range of different text types for reading comprehension. Texts include a wide range of contemporary text types
• Obiettivo Lingua – explores the ‘system of language’ in detail. Grammar is explored in a way that encourages students’ reflections and deductions
• Progetto – an end-of-unit task stepped with careful scaffolds for students to complete
• Vocabolario – end-of-unit glossaries recapping the key language with English translations.
• A range of carefully sequenced activities designed to practice and consolidate key language across the four macro-skills of listening, reading, writing and speaking
• Activities reinforcing knowledge of Italian language and culture
• A USB at the back of the book with all the tracks needed for the listening activities and engaging videos for further language practice. Videos are available with and without subtitles.
Recordings of native speakers at a pace suitable for beginner students, the audio pack includes:
• All the recordings from the student book
• All the recordings from the workbook
• All the recordings for the end-of-unit tests.
• A full-colour wraparound version of the student book with handy margin notes on how to conduct lessons; suggested pathways, extension activities; intercultural notes as well as references to other components in the course
• CD including editable unit tests (with solutions), extension worksheets (with solutions), editable grammar presentations, audio transcripts and workbook solutions.
NelsonNet is your portal to access the following digital resources*.
• All the material from the student website
• Curriculum grids to help you with lesson planning
• PDF's of the student book
• Unit grammar tests
*Resources may vary depending on title purchased.
Click here to visit the NelsonNet website.